Derbi Terra 125
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Wrong km/h reading

4 participantes

Wrong km/h reading Empty Wrong km/h reading

Mensaje  alexport 18/5/2013, 09:36

Hello all.

I am from Greece and yesterday I purchased a new Derbi Terra adventure 2008. (It was in stock) At the first meters that I made with the bike I noticed that the km/h reading on the board was wrong. I was running at about 60km/h and it showed 110 or so. Shocked
The serious problem is that the odometer is showing more km than I actually made. For example I run a distance of 700m and it wrote 1100m. So I cannot estimate the km for my services and many many more. Has anybody else had this kind of problem? (I will go to a Derbi service on Monday though)

P.S. Sorry for the english language but I only know greek and english and it seems your forum is the best thing for Terras around the internet so I tried my luck here.
Keep up the good work.
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Masculino Aries Caballo Edad : 46 Mensajes Enviados : 12
Provincia : Athens
Miembro desde : 18/05/2013

Wrong km/h reading Empty Re: Wrong km/h reading

Mensaje  Golky 18/5/2013, 10:27

I don´t remenber anyone with that problem, it seems it´s wrong calibrated, but as the bike is new go to the Derbi service and let them deal with the problem
Golky
Golky
Bala Roja
Bala Roja

Masculino Aries Gato Edad : 49 Mensajes Enviados : 301
Provincia : Madrid
Miembro desde : 17/01/2012

Mensaje  alexport 19/5/2013, 14:19

I have an update on my problem. Yesterday I went for a ride with my girlfriend and we both resetted our odometers. After a 70km ride I noticed that if I turned my readings to MPH instead of kph the reading was accurate in kph!!!! At least I can now estimate the time ofthe first service.
I also noticed that on the key turn the panel says inspect c1933.. I searched in the forum and saw that it is something about the CDI or the size of the wheels or something else. (I know that it's a longshot for it to be the problem because the sensor is on the rear wheel).
tomorrow I will pay a visit to a derbi service to straight things out...
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Mensaje  Herbi 19/5/2013, 15:19

Hello friend. Notes that the bookmark is "kilometers per hour (km / h)" instead of "miles per hour (mps)". Probably you have it set for countries in which the instructions are in "miles" and not "kilometers". The speedometer is for both systems metric is not a malfunction.
A greeting
Herbi
Herbi
Motero
Motero

Masculino Cáncer Mono Edad : 43 Mensajes Enviados : 88
Moto actual : Derbi Terra 125
Provincia : Palencia
Miembro desde : 18/01/2009

Mensaje  alexport 20/5/2013, 11:49

Herbi escribió:...

When I set up the panel to show km/h the reading is wrong. For example with the 6th gear and 6000rpm the reading is 105-115 km/h... Shocked Shocked

If I set it to mph and ride with 6th gear and 6000rpm it shows 70-75 mph. I know it is still wrong but when in mph it shows accurate kmh!!! Shocked Shocked

And something else. When in neutral and just standing, the sound of the motor is "rough" on yours?? I can't explain it better. It sounds like it has a faulty rod or something... I watched some videos on youtube and I think that they sound almost as mine... I am new to this and maybe worry too much... Neutral
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Mensaje  Golky 21/5/2013, 11:16

It seems that the reading in km/h and in mph is just a coincidence, it´s wrong either in one or another, take it to the official service and tell them everything that you think it´s wrong, obviously the speedometer is wrong, and about the sound of the motor, just tell them...

PS. Don´t worry that much Laughing
Golky
Golky
Bala Roja
Bala Roja

Mensaje  alexport 21/5/2013, 14:33

Sooooo... Yesterday as I was on the way home, my Terra began to act strange. It was unwilling to rev up till 4000-4500 rpm. Then it run smoothly till 7000-8000 rpm. I struggled to make the last km to home, and when I stopped out of my garage it stopped and never came back alive again... Crying or Very sad

I phoned the dealer that I purchased it from, and they will come to pick it up this afternoon... I have only made 200km so far and it stopped working. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I guess that maybe it's a problem with the carburetor. The bike was in stock from 2008, though I can't tell if it has something to do with it... I 'll keep you posted...
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Mensaje  Golky 21/5/2013, 19:55

I´m sorry man, centainly there are too many years in stock, but let the dealer deal with the problem, you bought a new bike and it should work correctly.
Hard on them!!!
Golky
Golky
Bala Roja
Bala Roja

Mensaje  oscarfl 22/5/2013, 11:46

I sorry so much about your problems. I hope that your dealer find the solution. Keep us informated, please.

Best wishes Wrong km/h reading 433689
oscarfl
oscarfl
Discipulo de Angel Nieto
Discipulo de Angel Nieto

Masculino Tauro Gato Edad : 48 Mensajes Enviados : 925
Moto actual : Derbi Antorcha + Derbi Fénix + Derbi Terra Adventure + ex Derbi Mulhacén 659 + BMW F800GS
Provincia : Barcelona
Miembro desde : 12/06/2009

Mensaje  alexport 24/5/2013, 14:25

After two days in the Derbi service, Yesterday I took back my Terra... It's much better than before. It revs up just fine, so everything (except the km/h reading which we will check back on Monday) is ok!
I want to go to a tyre shop to balance my wheels cause I notice a bouncing from the front wheel at abiut 70km/h...

I love my Derbi! I hope that every problem will be solved and love it more!
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Mensaje  Golky 24/5/2013, 19:09

Well, it seems the derbi service is in Greece as bas as in Spain Laughing

Happy to see the bike is going fine, certainly it needed a check-up after too much time stopped

Insist on the speedometer!!!
Golky
Golky
Bala Roja
Bala Roja

Mensaje  alexport 9/7/2013, 16:32

I have some news about the speedometer and the wheel bouncing.

The wheels bounce because the tyres are sooooo old and are not perfectly circled. I put on a pair of used tyres and there was no problem.

The issue about the speedometer is still bothering me. Today I went to a Derbi service shop and put on a BRAND NEW instrument panel. The readings were wrong AGAIN! So they told me that they can't find the problem, maybe it's the CDI, maybe it is something else... They also told me that they have to keep the bike in the shop so they can test various things. It 's summer and I don't want to be without my bike so I will take it there on August's end.

I have to say I am so pissed with their attitude, cause the panel shows the error "C1933 03:01" when the key turns, and they don't even know what that means! They don't even have the service manual for Christ's shake..! The thing is that I am stuck with them for now because they know the problem...

Thanks for reading my troubles and have a nice summer!

I will keep you updated about my problem!
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Mensaje  alexport 27/9/2013, 10:36

Problem solved! Very Happy 

The speed sensor was too close to the brake disk so it read the bolts too! Shocked 
So after 4 or 5 times in service, a new instrument panel and a new sensor the problem was solved with just a washer at the screw that holds the speed sensor...Shocked Shocked 
alexport
alexport
Novato
Novato

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado